Monday, January 14, 2008
Global Warming!?
This is a really broad and confusing subject. I think global warming exists to some extent. The patterns in the Earth's climate change from time to time, but eventually everthing evens out. For example, in the 1930's to the 1950's, people were saying that the world was undergoing global warming, whereas in the 1950's to the 1990's, people were talking about global cooling and the coming "ice age". Even today, people for the past couple of years have started to talk about global warming and how this is a big threat and we are causing it. I don't believe that "global warming" is a threat. Even if the world is becoming warmer recently, I believe that like it has done in the past, the world will cool again and eventually, everyone will be worrying about global cooling again. That about all I have to say about global warming. Please post on this with your ideas on global warming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It seems you have a pretty good idea of what to think on this subject David. However, the global warming hawks aren't going to like this simplified answer. In fact, they'll say, "yeah, so what; the Earth has cooled and warmed but it has never warmed so quickly!" What do you do then? How do we spread the word that everything will be okay?
That a good point, and personally, I have no idea how to answer that. I am going to go do some research to back up my answer. Thanks for the anvice.
I agree with "bvoight" when he said that hippie-hawks, or global warming hawks arn't going to take this well. I really like what you have started with though.
I have started to read other people's posts and thought about this broad subject. I agree that it wouldn't be a bad idea to cut emissions in the U.S., whether global warming is real or not. It can only benefit the environment. As long as they can make new cleaner ways of doing things that still accomplish the same goal, I'm fine with the ideas. I am starting to become less biased on my ideas of global warming. I just don't think that global warming is a real threat. I am going to continue reading your blogs to further my thoughts on global warming. I think I pretty much summed everything up that I wanted to say.
I have the same view on global warming as you do. I think its just cycles the earth goes through. Just wait in 50 years everyone will be complaining about global cooling.
I understand where you coming from but do you think that we need todo anything to help it or do you htink its all right?
Post a Comment