Monday, January 7, 2008

What causes change?

In this world, many things cause changes to happen. One type of change, chemical change, is caused by many different things. A few of the things that cause a chemical change are the transfer of energy and substances coming in contact with other substances to bond the to substances. An example of the transfer of energy causing a chemical change is when energy is applied to zinc, it changes into a completely new element, copper. One example of substances bonding to form new substances is combining sugar and sulferic acid to create carbon. This happens because the sulferic acid dehydrates the sugar changing its chemical properties. These are just a few examples of the changes that happen all around us in our world.

5 comments:

Ender said...

Hey, thats what I had, we think along the same lines. But Voight said on my pre-essay that I need to broaden my thinking. Maybe you should add on to it. Just a suggestion.

Anonymous said...

I like how you though of change in a science perpective not just an everyday perspective

David said...

Thanks for the advice. I am going to go read some other peoples posts and then add on to mine.

David said...

I was just reading some people's post and found something that stunned me. On Tor's post, he said that "Literally everthing causes change in some form." I had never thought about it that way. The thought that everthing we do changes something around us just shocked me. This was a whole new idea to me. Anyway, I thought that was pretty cool. Just something I thought I'd add on their.

Katie said...

You have some really good ideas. I never thought about the two different types of changes that we learned about.(chemical and physical)That is a really good place to start.