Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The God Particle???

I don't know about anyone else, but this article didn'tmake much sense. One thing that did make sense to me was the part about antimatter and matter; it makes sense that if you put antimatter and matter together, and their was more matter than antimatter, that the result would be energy(or matter) and vice versa. I didn't recognize much, but I do remember hearing about the smaller particles in neutrons and protons called quarks and gluons. Thats all I really recognized from the article.

In my opinion, I don't think we should be spending our money, at least right now, on things that won't really benefit us besides having the satisfaction of knowing more. What I mean is that we should be spending our money elsewhere, such as in the education department, instead of using that isn't really that beneficially compared to education and a lot of other things. Even after reading the article, I don't really understand a lot about the God Particle. All I know is that it is really small and they are trying to find it by smashing a lot of things together really fast. I think that there is a possibility that the God Particle could exist. I mean, who knows what is farther inside the atom. I guess that is why they want to do this; Because we want to know what makes up all of existence. By finding out what makes up the atom and the other parts of the atom, we will know what makes us and the rest of the universe up. I think they probably called it that because they are saying it created life. That would make sense if it we true. I don't think it would have been necessary for you to teach us about quarks and gluons because we will probably learn them later in another form of science. If the God Particle did exist, this would change our view on alot of Science. People would think that this created life intead of the Big Bang. Supposedly, this particle would solve the question of where we came from. This would change some people's perspectives on our world. Particle physics are kind of confusing to me, but I will give it a shot. Particle Physics is taking small particles and bashing them together to create new things. In my opinion, if Particle Physics helps us find new discoveries, I think that it is probably a good thing to continue working on. Thats just my opinion. Please comment and tell me your thoughts.

2 comments:

031093 said...

Wow alot of people talked about the money factor so I guess it must have bothered alot of people. I happen to agree with you though, it seems like it is not a very wise way to spend our money at this point in time.

Adam said...

Are you scared if we spent money on this that the values you were taught and the reasons of how we came to be, be possible disproven? Try branching out!