Friday, February 22, 2008
The Future!!!!
I haven't really thought about the future yet. I've just been trying to get through school intact. I guess that I want to go into something in the enginearing field, so science will probably going to use Science alot in my job. I think I would like to go into chemical engineering or something of that sort. If I were to become a chemical engineer, I would need science to know which chemicals to combine to make different reactions. I would also need to use Science to identify different elements and know how to handle them with other elements. As for my favorite activity, which was boating and doing things on boats, I could probably use science to help me understand how the differents parts of the boat works and the different chemical reactions that take place to make the boat work. I don't really know what else I want to do in the future, but Science will probably be a major part of my job and the other areas of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Yah being a chemical engineer is going to be tough, but if you know your periodic table and how to use it , it will come in handy good post man.
you don;t sound too sure but you have plenty of time. I'm not particularly interested in your choices but thats just me. good post
hmmmm...well, i could see you as an engineer, but you don't sound too sure, so I would look into other options. (you have alot of time though)
I agree with you about just trying to get through school and not really thinking about future jobs. It's hard to know what you would like unless you try something. Choosing a career is probably one of the harder and more important decisions in our lives.
I liked your post David and think, like your classmates have said, it is okay to be unsure becuase you have time. I think KdF brought up a good point though, it is hard to be sure of something until you try it. How can we explore different things? Where do we go to try stuff?
That sounds like a very difficult and boring job to me-chemical engineering. But if that's what your interested in we can always use more engineers.
You're right. I'm not really sure about what I want to be. I think that I would like to be a chemical engineer, but their are so many options that i'm not really sure. I don't think anyone knows for sure what they are going to do when they get older. I guess that is probably a question I should start asking myself and start looking into it.
Katie, I don't see how you could think that chemical engineering would be a boring job. It would be so exciting. I would get use different elements to build bombs and other cool stuff. That would be sweet:)
Mr. Voight, I agree that you don't really know what you like until you try it. I guess you could find someone with that job and ask them what they do and maybe go with them to work one day and see what they do. Good point.
I saw this one guy on tv who did a different job every week for the very reason you said "dont know if you like it until you try". it would be cool to try but hard to exicute, no employer would hire you if you say your just going to "try" it for a week. they want a whole hearted commitment.
I could see you being a chemical engineer. It sounds interesting, but challenging at the same time.
Everyone's always told me that high school and college is when you get to try stuff but i don't have any time in high school to do electives and you have to pay for your classes in college.
Yeah, I dont think I'd want to mess with chemicals- not my cup of tea. I like the more technologically advanced approach. But I think we do need more engineers. Good postage.
Yeah, I wish I could try some different career options. I don't really have an opinion on what I want to be because I don't really know what some jobs are like. I wish there were more oportunities to try out different jobs. I think it would be cool to try out a couple different jobs to see if I like them, but, like Nick said, no employer is going to hire you if you say you just want to try the job out for a week.
i think that would be a very hard job. not my type. but if you think it's something you want to do you should go for it and if you're not so sure you've got time to look into plenty other options and try new things because after all you won't know until youv'e tried like kyle said.
Post a Comment