This post is one of the stranger of the posting assignments. Nevertheless, I thought it was one of my favorites. This is my favorite chemical reaction: H2O+CO2↔H2CO3.
This is the chemical reaction that occurs between the water and carbon dioxide in pop to create carbonic acid(Carbonation). This chemical gives pop its carbonation, giving the pop its fizzy taste. This is my favorite chemical reaction because, in my oppinion, carbonation is one of my favorite things about pop. It makes me feel all tingly inside. This chemical reaction is important to me because the carbonation in pop makes it so much better. If we didn't have carbonation in pop, all pop would taste like it does when its flat all of the time, and I don't think anyone would drink it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Lol I love the word tingly. ANyways, good post! I agree, pop wouldn't be very good without carbonation it would be like drinking flat op all the time. But does carbonation really give it a flavor?(you said fizzy taste) Just pointing that out.
I like how you came up with this chemical reaction. I never would have thought about carbonation, and you made some good points. Life actually might be better without pop though. It probably does more damage to our society than it does good, but I can't deny that it does taste good.
this is totaly random but i hate it when you burp after drinking some pop and it burns the inside of your nose. but anyways good post, gotta love the fizzies.
I know some people who can't stand carbination in their drinks. I personally love it but i think it's really intresting that some people love things while other's hate it. Good post, I never even thought about carbination being a chemical reaction before. So does the reation start when you open the can/bottle? I wonder what causes it.
First for Katie's point, when i said it gave it a fizzy taste, I meant that it just tasted fizzy, not that it changes the flavor. For Kdf's point, I agree that pop can make your teeth rot. But the thing is that as long as you don't drink it in too large of quantities, it won't really affect. It's only when you start to drink too much of it that it actually will affect your dental hygene. I like your point ,thou, because our society is addicted to things like pop and coffee that really aren't that good for you. Nick, that was one of the strangest comments on my blog. I don't really know how to respond to it. But, your right. I hate it when that happens. I agree that it is kind of strange that people could like completely diffent things. as for your question, Anita, I think it occurs when the pressure is realeased, but I am not possitive. maybe I could go look it up. Thnx for posting on my blog. Go chemical reactions.
Dude david I just watched the history channel the day before the fourth of july it was a whole thing on gunpowder, so you could call it research hahaaa
Yah I actually gave up soda for lent, and havent drank it since
Fun chemical reaction. Pop would suck if it wasn't fizzy. I don't like carbonated water though. Or alka seltzer. Both just feel weird being fizzy with no taste. So in that case carbonation sucks but otherwise it's cool.
Hahaha, everyone has better ideas than me. Nice one.
Post a Comment